Monday, September 12, 2011

Some Fatherly Love

I know I don't blog too often about my husband, but he's on my heart right now so I just wanted to record it while I have time to sit down and write about him.
He normally works out of town during the week, so our weekends go by so fast when we're all together. 
It's only Monday, and he's just been away for 6 hours and I already miss him like crazy.

Owe no one anything except to love one another, 
for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. 
Romans 13:8

People often ask me if it's hard for me to have him work away. Mostly it's in reference to taking care of the kids by myself during the week, but honestly that's really not an issue. Yea, there's two of them and one of me, but for the most part taking care of kids is kind of my thing, so yea I've got that! The hardest part of him working away for me, is knowing he gets lonely for us sometimes. I've got two tornadoes to keep me busy 24/7, but in his off time away when he's texting me asking about what the kids are doing or what I'm cooking for dinner or what we did today, I can just tell he misses us, and sometimes that makes my heart ache for him more than me. 

One of the things I love most about him is how willing he is to do anything for us. It's important to him that I can do what God's called me to do and be home with these kids. I love that he'd do anything to make that happen. 
I'm a really blessed momma, ya'll!

BUT

I do have to say that I do (sometimes) enjoy him working away. That sounds wrong, and don't get me wrong I love the times when he works in town and is home every evening.... but for me I don't think its so bad for him to work away. 
When he comes home he has missed us all so much that we all feel so spoiled and lucky and happy to just be in his presence. Just to sit next to him on the couch makes my heart race. 
Just seeing the 4 of us (dog included) compete for his attention is something I cherish because he always finds a way to give each of us what we need. 

We usually know we have a solid weekend to spend time together before he goes back to work, and I can honestly say that is what always makes our weekends so jam packed with love and happiness.

It's always been so easy to love Philip. 
He's my best friend, and it's so easy and honorable for me to be his wife. 
I pray that God continues to renew this for our marriage day after day to year after elderly year. 

He's a great man, and one of the things I love most about him is that he's a great father. 
My kids long to be near him and interact with him and learn from him. 
Daddy is Adeline's whole entire world. 

This weekend Philip took us all to Chick Filet for lunch. We were headed home for naps when he stopped in at a store to run in and get a couple of new shirts for himself. I stayed in the car (for two reasons 1. Gideon was sleeping and 2. I sat on a half opened water bottle and my butt was completely wet). Philip took Addie in for what would be a "quick look around" and 20 minutes later as my patience for wet butt and car confinement was growing thinner I started to get annoyed he was taking his good ole time. 

10 minutes later I watched Philip and Addie happily walk back to the car with more bought for Adeline than for himself. I listened as she told me that she went to the "pants store" with her "little Daddy" and he bought her some pretty sunglasses and bracelets for her arms. I was happy he took her in and they got to shop together. I was happier that she has such a kind daddy willing to spend special time with her just to see her smile. As we drove home we saw a yellow airplane flying really close to the sugar cane I guess spraying the crops. I listened to the enthusiasm in Philip's voice as he and Addie followed the plane through a neighborhood and through roads that were well out of our way. I started to think about how blessed my babies are to have such a consistent ever-loving father. 

I know how much Philip loves our kids. I can see it in everything he does for them, everything he does with them. 

Do you see a man who excels in his work?
He will stand before kinds; he will not stand before unknown men. 
Proverbs 22:29

Isn't it crazy to think that my Creator loves me like that but even more? Look at everything he does for me. Not always what I want, but always for my benefit and always for my own good. He's always longing for my time, always willing to give me comfort and peace knowing I'm taken care of. It's not just someone who loves me that much... it's God. I mean wow. 

If you really sit down and think about that, it's pretty powerful. 
Out of everything he does and all of the people he loves, he loves me too. 
A lot.
He gave up His own son for my sins. 
That's a lot of love. 
I'm so happy to know this level of love.

There are a lot of relationships in my life that are hard right now, but amidst the roughest I'm proud to have an amazing loving God who sees me through all and gives me a man of God for a husband and as a father to my babies. 

I can't find enough words to explain my thankfulness. 

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, 
in everything give thanks; 
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


Have a good week folks. 
:)



2 comments:

  1. My husband is gone Monday through Friday as well, so I can really relate to this post.

    As much as I miss him during the week, knowing that I only have the weekend to spend with him makes me appreciate him in a way I don't think I could otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my husband went on his two military deployments, I thought I was going to go nuts. But..once you figure out a schedule..and take a step back and realize YOU CAN do this..it isn't so bad. You're a very strong women, and a wonderful mother! It makes the weekends all that much more special when he comes home!

    ReplyDelete